I Don't Know If It's Me

or whether it's true that pets such as dogs and cats are living longer. At least it seems that way to me.

Today I was talking with a neighbor of mine who is 83 years old. She had a cat named Pebbles who was the best friend of my dog Tony. I think I have the cat on videotape, but I do have a really cute picture of him looking inside the window of my bedroom with my dog on the bed looking up at him. It's one of the cutest pictures I have. Pebbles and Tony always got along very well, and they would actually come to the fence and "kiss" each other.

Anyway, the neighbor told me she had to put Pebbles to sleep on Tuesday because he had cancer of the stomach. He was coughing up blood, and so she took him to the vet who told her the news. She didn't want him to suffer, so she had him put down. She told the vet she had the cat since 1983 making him 20 years old. That surprised me because the cat was always in such good shape for his age. The vet told her Pebbles had excellent care.

It was very sad, but the neighbor will not be getting another pet.

No comments:

Featured Post

Crater Lake National Park Photos 1

 Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge: