Iraq A Bad Remake of
Vietnam asks Eleanor Clift. Well, there are similarities in that this mess we have currently going could become a "quagmire," but it stops there. In Vietnam and Korea, the notion of "containment" of the spread of communism was supposed to be the objective. In the case of Iraq, we have illegally gone in and invaded the country for reasons of Manifest Destiny of the entire Middle East.
The comparisons are more like Hitler's invasion of Poland than of Vietnam, I'm afraid. Opposition is clueless thanks to a 30-year propaganda campaign by the right which culminated in the control of mainstream media. Any opposition is demonized or ignored. It doesn't help the public has been poisoned with lies from the media in general and talk radio in particular.
It only takes one person with an impeccable reputation to declare the Bush administration has no clothes, indeed no real authority because of the illegimatcy of the regime to get the ball rolling. There aren't any people with the integrity of Joseph Welch out there, I'm afraid. If I really wanted to put on my tinfoil hat, I'd say the opposition is very much afraid because of threats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Crater Lake National Park Photos 1
Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge:
-
Golden Tempo has won the 152nd Kentucky Derby. Jose Ortiz is the jockey. It is his first Derby win. This race is historic, for the fir...
-
Napoleon Solo has won the 151st Preakness Stakes at Laurel Park. Iron Honor tried to make a bid at the homestretch, he couldn't quite c...
-
Another victory for Golden Tempo as he has won this year's Belmont Stakes at Saratoga. Cherie Devaux has won a second leg of the Tripl...
No comments:
Post a Comment