I Have to Admit

that I am getting pretty damned lazy. The reader must understand that I am literally surrounded by boxes and stuff all over the floors. The whole apartment--all 500 square feet of it--is crowded and claustrophobic. I am probably only about 40 percent packed to move if I have to move.

It would be my luck that somehow one of the schools around here would hire me and then I'd have to unpack everything I've packed.

I looked in a couple of bookstores around Reno for the new Al Franken book, but it appears it hasn't arrived yet. I'll likely pick it up after I go to Oregon on Monday. So I ended up getting a couple of DVDs, including the PBS documentary on Seabiscuit, which I hadn't seen when it was on television. It's worth getting if one likes horse racing, and as an added bonus it has the complete footage of the War Admiral/Seabiscuit match race. That alone is worth the cost.

Besides, today really isn't much of a news day. I didn't do much packing because I just hate it, I really, truly, honestly hate it. I won't get rid of any of my stuff, and there's a lot there that's valuable. But it's the idea it's almost 20 years of accumulation, and it's too much for me to bear.

No comments:

Featured Post

Obituary: Kris Kristofferson

 Singer, songwriter, and sometime actor Kris Kristofferson, 88, passed away yesterday at his home in Hawaii.  Unreal he was that old.  I rem...