Since I Am

so wiped out for one reason or another, I have delayed my trip for another day. I have everything packed, and I plan to head out of here at about 5 a.m. I am going to that Starr thing for tomorrow night, but I'll have to get to the place a couple of hours early.

I asked my sister, who has gone to the Britt festivals in the past, when I should be there. She said no later than 4. I expressed my feeling that I should be there earlier, given who is scheduled to be there. Then my sister said the stupidest thing I believe I have ever heard in my entire life, short of something said by the dumbest politicians.

"It depends on how good his show is," she said. She said she wouldn't go because she doesn't care for that stuff.

I was floored. The man could read the goddamned phone book and it wouldn't matter. I said it's because of who he is, not whether his act is the world's greatest. After all, I said, there are only two of them left.

She said, "Well, that was a long time ago."

I said that it doesn't matter. Sheesh. I don't think he or McCartney have ever played here in northern Nevada in the twenty years I have been here, unless Starr was in Tahoe. That's why it was a big story locally when McCartney made an impromptu appearance at a Truckee, California, hotel, not far from Reno. So it's a coup to even get Starr to go to itty-bitty southern Oregon, if he doesn't cancel out.

No comments:

Featured Post

Obituary: Kris Kristofferson

 Singer, songwriter, and sometime actor Kris Kristofferson, 88, passed away yesterday at his home in Hawaii.  Unreal he was that old.  I rem...