One

of the books I am reading right now is The Baptizing of America by James Rudin. It is about, of course, the religious radical right's attempted takeover of American society in their followers' demented belief Jesus and God Almighty are fascists.

It is a good book, although I have read many of the same things Rudin talks about in many other books. I am not sure if his distinction between "Christian conservatives" and the "Christocrats" is a real difference or a distinction without a difference. Both groups want a theocratic government of one sort or another, and the way they are doing it is by infiltrating the Republican Party to the point where it is nothing more than a bunch of white-collar criminals pandering to religion.

No comments:

Featured Post

Crater Lake National Park Photos 1

 Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge: