I

spent the evening up at Bartley Ranch Park, sitting on the grass (and I was goddamned lucky to get a spot on the grass, even as I left early this evening, for there were ultimately 1,500 there--a record, I believe for the amphitheater), enjoying a halfway decent breeze and listening to some beautiful ensemble guitar work by the Brazilian Guitar Quartet. They were great, and apparently this was the last concert before they were to go back to Brazil.

One of the great things about the Artown festival is that people get exposed to all kinds of music, mostly world music which isn't heard often enough. There are a lot of other things to see and do during the four weeks, including plays, art classes, exhibitions, and dance. But I think I like the music the best. That's provided I don't roast to death.

When I returned, it was close to 100 degrees in the apartment. I had to let the dogs out, but they abuse it by barking too goddamned much. I can't handle the heat in here, and I hope the landlord gets a better air conditioner pretty damned quick.

No comments:

Featured Post

Crater Lake National Park Photos 1

 Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge: