Arnold joins his foes in opposing an oil-drilling bill.
He's getting greener by the minute, and not just because his bank account is getting bigger.
_____
The Lasvegasification of America continues with record heat not only in California, but all over America. Before long, the country will resemble the Sahara, and I am not referring to the hotel/casino resort in Vegas.
Stockton reached a record 115 degrees the other day. It is currently (4 p.m. PDT) 112 there.
In Reno, it's just as goddamned bad. The dogs are worn out, as am I. It's still over 100 degrees outside, just as it has been almost every single day since I returned July 9.
_____
Arnold's bus tour takes a detour into the twilight zone.
When your supporters complain about you, well it's bad news:
"I voted for you, and right now I don't see much difference between you and Phil Angelides," said the woman, Sally Plata, 66, referring to Schwarzenegger's Democratic opponent. "I don't see that you are standing up for the citizens of California."
The tone of the unscripted exchanges startled the governor. After the event, Schwarzenegger told reporters that he found the questions, which went "into dangerous areas," troubling.
"This was really the first time I had seen the intensity of prejudice," the governor said. "I had this woman come up to me [afterward] and say, 'Stop the invasion.' It was that kind of dialogue. It was "invasion" or 'robbing our country' or they want to take it back."
In her questioning, Plata called President Bush a "bum" on immigration issues and asked dubiously whether the governor had actually sent 1,500 California National Guard troops to the border to assist with federal efforts. She said she visited the border and didn't see them.
"You are on a thin piece of wall," she said finally, "if you don't start changing your attitude and do something for the citizens of this state."
No comments:
Post a Comment