When

I go out cycling or running or even hiking, I try not to pick areas that are secluded. When I ride my bike, I generally choose public roads and not bike paths away from major streets. I have never felt comfortable riding them, and not only that, I don't find them very challenging.

This trail, until the other day, seemed like it would be a very good one to ride on, but now this highly-publicized killing has made many people miserable. Women especially find their whole routine ruined by paranoia. Some revert to the mentality they can't do anything alone or without some guy out there to protect them. Their sense of freedom is screwed because of some asshole.

I suspect the fear will subside and people will realize they can't live their lives in a box. Life will go on.

No comments:

Featured Post

Crater Lake National Park Photos 1

 Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge: