The Whole Point
of encouraging even more and more students to go to college is to depress the wages and salaries of their fields of endeavor, as they are now finding out.
Of course corporations love having a huge supply of overqualified people glutting the labor market.
Making it worse is the fact more students have crushing debt which will take decades to pay off, it seems.
And making it even worse is the fact that on top of outsourcing and insourcing, there is more and more so-called contingent work that is part-time and typically has no benefits.
I am very fortunate that at my age I finally landed some secure employment--at least I hope it turns out that way.
***
It would help if I'd quit making so goddamned many typos. That should tell the reader how unbearably hot it is in this apartment. It's almost hotter in here than it is outside.
I don't know when--or if--the hot spell breaks. I think virtually every single day since I have been back to Reno it's been over 100 degrees.
Still, southern Oregon was even worse when I was up there in June, though it cooled off a lot before I returned here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Crater Lake National Park Photos 1
Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge:
-
Golden Tempo has won the 152nd Kentucky Derby. Jose Ortiz is the jockey. It is his first Derby win. This race is historic, for the fir...
-
Napoleon Solo has won the 151st Preakness Stakes at Laurel Park. Iron Honor tried to make a bid at the homestretch, he couldn't quite c...
-
Another victory for Golden Tempo as he has won this year's Belmont Stakes at Saratoga. Cherie Devaux has won a second leg of the Tripl...
No comments:
Post a Comment