lays out why the Lieberman-Lamont race pisses me off so goddamned much.
If the nutroots manages to knock off a veteran senator, so help me they will push an unelectable piece of shit for the 2008 presidential race.
Which makes the Republicans happy as hell because they won't have to rig a thing.
If the nutroots are too young to remember 1968 and 1972, they should ask people who were there and know how ultimately destructive the antiwar contingent was then.
But I suspect these fools know that and want to live through their version of the 1960s:
Borosage, who has battled moderates in the party for years, offered a word of caution for Democratic opponents of the war, noting that while public opinion is with the Democrats, Republicans have been successful in portraying their opponents as weak. Without a muscular alternative to Bush's policies, he said, "I think the debate this fall is going to be a difficult debate, even with the war unpopular."
The nutroots are a bunch of fucking morons, every last one of them. Republican enablers all.
Lieberman tries to explain his stance on the Iraq War to those who will listen.
Meanwhile, it seems the relentless character assassination of Lieberman has taken its toll.
If Lieberman had simply taken the nutroots-backed insurgent campaign of Lamont seriously, he wouldn't be in the jam he is in.
Make no mistake about it: If Lieberman loses Tuesday, the Republican enablers on the "left" will go after other moderates.
I hate the fuckers, I fucking HATE them.
No comments:
Post a Comment