Geez,

this kind of sounds like the loving husband in a way:

Appearing in court for the first time since the June 12 shooting of a judge and slaying of his estranged wife, Darren Mack, through his attorney, argued Thursday the money in his retirement account is not part of his wife's estate and can be used for his defense.

But an attorney for Charla Mack's mother argued all funds should be off limits and Mack should not be allowed to use his slain wife's money to defend himself against murder charges.


Mack's got a lot of nerve, but he should be in Florida to be able to embezzle like that.

Seriously, if Charla Mack's name isn't on that pension, I don't see how it could be seized in a "wrongful death" lawsuit. I think it's similar to O.J.'s situation in California and is exempt. I don't know if federal law has been changed since that time.

In related news, Weller's secretary has filed a lawsuit against Mack.

No comments:

Featured Post

Crater Lake National Park Photos 1

 Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge: