I

am going to be heading back to Reno tomorrow. It should be a nice ride back. I have even thought of stopping at Lassen Volcanic National Park again. I'll either do that tomorrow or in the very near future.

I think I mentioned the other day about how good southern Oregon is for bicycling. There aren't a lot of designated bike paths, except for some highway shoulders, but the rural roads are great for cycling. Reno doesn't have the rural areas like here that one can just get on the bike from home and cycle all over the valley. Not to mention the fact the roads in the Rogue Valley are generally cleaner and don't have all of the debris and shit on the side of the road. I rarely if ever get flats up here.

Of course, there is the Greenway bike path which goes from Central Point to Ashland (round trip is about 30 to 35 miles). I usually don't go on it when I am up here, for I prefer the scenic routes of regular roads and the roads are more challenging, but the path does have the advantage of bypassing downtown traffic plus it is faster to get to a certain point where I want to cycle than if I ride backroads to a particular location. Since my knee is a little bit screwed up (I probably need to have my seat adjusted on the bike), I did use the Greenway path for part of my ride today. It's easier on the joints.

I would like to see the Greenway be constructed clear to Grants Pass. I know: I am greedy.

This link is interesting.

No comments:

Featured Post

Crater Lake National Park Photos 1

 Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge: