I

went out for another all-day excursion, this time up Highway 62 up past Shady Cove and Prospect to the Rogue Gorge Trail.

I have been to the Rogue Gorge before, and I think I downloaded some pictures of it three years ago on this blog, but I had never been on the trail before, nor have I been to the Natural Bridge area, which looks a lot like it. I went about halfway since the trail is a total of about seven miles round trip. That would have been a little bit too much since I arrived at the trailhead at about 10:00 or 10:30 this morning. After I went to about the halfway point, I turned around and walked back. It was a good workout. Quite a few people were at the Natural Bridge lookout point. I didn't think to use the loop part of the trail. Perhaps next time I go up there I will.

After I finished there, I was going to drive at another trail just off Lost Creek Lake, but instead I ended up visiting Mill Creek Falls, which is near Prospect. It is really beautiful, and the nearby falls, Barr Creek Falls, is also worth taking in, even though it is a bit less spectacular. I then walked down the trail to the Avenue of the Giant Boulders, which is another wonderful spot. It was an easy hike walking down to the different sites, but it was uphill coming back.

When I get the pictures processed, I'll post them here. I looked at some other websites with pictures of the boulders, and it was clear they were photoshopped. They don't look that green in real life.

No comments:

Featured Post

Crater Lake National Park Photos 1

 Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge: