One

of the sites I am going to have to take in this year before it gets too cold is to visit McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park, which is located off of Highway 89 north and is actually at the midway point between Reno and Medford, Oregon. I have driven back and forth on 89 for perhaps 100 times in 22 years and have NEVER stopped by that park. I always drive over Lake Britton, but I always thought the park was just some damned campground and not a park featuring what Teddy Roosevelt called "the eighth wonder of the world," Burney Falls.

I could have gone there with the landlord yesterday before going to Lassen Park, if I had thought of it. But of course I didn't.

I won't forget now.

No comments:

Featured Post

Crater Lake National Park Photos 1

 Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge: