For Fun,

here is an article from NewsMax about John McCain's legendary temper.

It even preceded his captivity in Vietnam:

A July 5 NewsMax.com article quoted former Sen. Bob Smith, a New Hampshire Republican who served with McCain on the Senate Armed Services Committee, as saying, "I have witnessed incidents where he has used profanity at colleagues and exploded at colleagues . . . He would disagree about something and then explode. It was incidents of irrational behavior. We've all had incidents where we have gotten angry, but I've never seen anyone act like that."

McCain's outbursts often erupted when other members rebuffed his requests for support during his bid in 2000 for the Republican nomination for president, the story said. "People who disagree with him get the ‘f*** you,'" said former Rep. John LeBoutillier, a New York Republican who had an encounter with McCain when he was on a POW task force in the House.

"He had very few friends in the Senate," said former Sen. Smith, who dealt with McCain almost daily. "He has a lot of support around the country, but I don't think he has a lot of support from people who know him well."

An Aug. 2 NewsMax story quoted Andrew H. "Andy" Card Jr., President Bush's former chief of staff, as saying he also has observed McCain's outbursts of anger. "Sometimes he was pretty angry, but I felt as if he was putting on a show," Card said. "I don't know if it was an emotional eruption or it was for effect."


We will see how well his temper holds out during the campaign and his (likely) presidency.

Note the Arizona Republic changed its tune from eight years ago about McCain.

Featured Post

Crater Lake National Park Photos 1

 Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge: