Among Other Things

I did this weekend was watch my DVD of the first volume of Forbidden Hollywood. This is a series of DVDs featuring movies from the pre-Hays Code era. I just finished watching the original version of Waterloo Bridge (1931), which starred Mae Clarke and Douglass Montgomery. It was much more gritty than the (1940) version. What I liked most about the film was the two leads had such good chemistry together, and the acting was quite modern in style.

Of course the story was sad, but I'll be damned if I am going to give away the ending.

Red-Headed Woman starring Jean Harlow was always one of my favorite films, so I was glad to have it on DVD.

Baby Face (1933), which featured Barbara Stanwyck, was terrific. It was about a prostitute who got out of that life to sleep her way to the top of corporate America. She used and dumped men along the way, but unfortunately she ended up falling in love with one of the guys. I won't give the ending to this one, either.

Since there isn't a lot to write about, I have been watching a lot of movies and enjoying the weather.

Featured Post

Obituary: Ethel Kennedy

 Earlier today, members of the Kennedy family announced that the matriarch of the family, Ethel Kennedy, 96, had died.  She had suffered a s...