Since I now live in Oregon, I haven't been following Nevada politics too closely these days, but teachers there are going to get screwed so bad, I just shudder to think about it.
I have already mentioned about how bad the new superintendent of public instruction, James W. Guthrie, is. He is openly hostile to the very idea of public education and has close ties to not just George W. Bush, but also various privatization outfits.
Sandoval is openly pushing for the hiring of scabs, who are called Teach for America "fellows," as a way to further undermine teacher pay and retirement benefits.
Nevada has no real teacher unions down there, since public employees can't strike. The "unions" are jokes heavily in bed with school districts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Crater Lake National Park Photos 1
Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge:
-
Golden Tempo has won the 152nd Kentucky Derby. Jose Ortiz is the jockey. It is his first Derby win. This race is historic, for the fir...
-
Napoleon Solo has won the 151st Preakness Stakes at Laurel Park. Iron Honor tried to make a bid at the homestretch, he couldn't quite c...
-
Another victory for Golden Tempo as he has won this year's Belmont Stakes at Saratoga. Cherie Devaux has won a second leg of the Tripl...
No comments:
Post a Comment