More Vaccine Side Effects

 No, this is not COVID or the booster shots but instead this is the Shingrix vaccine for shingles.  I knew that it would have side effects, and that is why I scheduled the shot for during winter break.  It wasn't enough I had to pay the $178 up front (with hope I will be reimbursed for all if not part of it), however.  The side effects were bad yesterday and still continue.  The most worrisome are the dizzy spells.  I have to be extremely careful when I get up in the morning and if I have to bend over for any reason.  I start getting the dizziness and vertigo.  Yesterday, I thought I was going to fall down.  I also had some headaches and general weakness.  All of these symptoms are typical of Shingrix side effects.  Today I still have the dizziness, but I don't feel so terrible I had to lie down.  I was able to do my weights and hand cycle.  Perhaps tomorrow I will be able to go outside without fear of falling down.


There are two Shingrix shots I have to have in order to be fully vaccinated.  The second shot can be anywhere from two months to six months after this one I just had.  I am going to wait until June given the side effects and when school is out for the summer.  I will have plenty of time to recuperate.

More information about the vaccine and shingles is here.




No comments:

Featured Post

Crater Lake National Park Photos 1

 Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge: