In Case You Missed It

 If you lived in another part of the United States or the world and were not in the path of a total eclipse, you can watch the NASA replay here:



I watched the total eclipse via this livestream earlier today as it happened.  It was awesome.  In southern Oregon, the eclipse shadow was about 25 percent of the sun, but it was still worthwhile.  The kids were thrilled to be able to see it.

Last year's annular, the so-called ring of fire eclipse, was nothing short of spectacular.  I was in the middle of the organized bike ride called Bikes 'n' Brews.  While it was foggy in the morning, it didn't matter if you had eclipse glasses.  Those glasses cut right through the fog, and the eclipse was fantastic.  I also saw the almost total eclipse in 2017 while up on the top of Upper Table Rock.  

Today's partial eclipse may be the last one I ever see in my lifetime, or perhaps it won't be.  The next one visible in the U.S will be in 2044, when the path will cut through Montana and North Dakota.  The following year it will start in northern California and go eastward.  I hope I am around to see both.




No comments:

Featured Post

Kentucky Derby 2024 Results

 A PHOTO FINISH!!!!! Mystik Dan and Sierra Leone were there for the photo finish.  To be decided. Update:  Mystik Dan has won the 150th Run ...