A Few Oregon Covered Bridges (1)

 Yesterday, I went on a group tour of just a few of some 17 covered bridges located in and around Cottage Grove, Oregon, the "Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon."  Below are just a few of the bridges in the area.  I am hoping that maybe sometime next year I will return and see the rest of them, most of which are on a 30-mile "scenic byway."   This is one of two posts of the bridges from the area.  I used two cameras and will post two sets of somewhat similar photos based on the cameras I used.


Currin Bridge:




Stewart Bridge:







Dorena Bridge:



Centennial Bridge, built in 1987 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Cottage Grove:



Chambers Covered Railroad Bridge, built in 1925 and restored in 2011, the last remaining covered railroad bridge west of the Mississippi:







Grave Creek Bridge, located in Josephine County's Sunny Valley. It is a bridge that is still open to traffic:





No comments:

Featured Post

A Few Oregon Covered Bridges (1)

 Yesterday, I went on a group tour of just a few of some 17 covered bridges located in and around Cottage Grove, Oregon, the "Covered B...