Political Notes

 For the past few days, I have been writing and addressing postcards to be sent to Democratic voters in the highly contested District 2 in Minnesota, one of the most competitive U.S. House races in the country.  It is currently held by DFL representative Angie Craig, who has won this seat in the past by a whisker.  Although I live in Oregon, I am doing my small part to make sure she wins re-election.  The postcards are quite generic, trying to nudge voters to get to the polls on Tuesday, November 5.

Rep. Angie Craig


What gets me, though, is in the Rogue Valley, the Democratic Party as of now does not have a "permanent" headquarters, so everything they are doing is online.  I wanted to do something in this election, and I saw a post over at Democratic Underground where I could write and send postcards.  However, the downside to this is the fact it is expensive to pay for the stamps; this sets me back about $170. However, if Angie wins re-election, it will be worth it.

I miss being able to go to political events like I did in Reno during 2004 and 2008.  Oregon, though, is not considered competitive, so Trump and Harris are not coming here.  However, I think Harris's husband, Doug Emhoff, is going to be in Portland doing a fundraiser.  

Meanwhile, the GOP is trying like hell to run away from the abortion issue because it simply isn't popular in the country to be an antiabortion whack job and misogynist.  I doubt it is going to fool anybody, though.


No comments:

Featured Post

Obituary: Ethel Kennedy

 Earlier today, members of the Kennedy family announced that the matriarch of the family, Ethel Kennedy, 96, had died.  She had suffered a s...