About Michael Moore
As I said below, I missed all but the last fifteen minutes of last night's Academy Awards. I have read what Moore said, and frankly, I don't have a problem with him saying what he said on national television. It was the truth, and it was good somebody said something that everybody knows or should know.
Moore wasn't passing himself off as some kind of expert, nor was he being passed off as some kind of expert. I don't have any trouble with him making a political statement on Oscar night at all.
That said, Moore has a lot to answer for. He was a shameless supporter of the despicable Ralph Nader this last presidential election, and without the fools who voted Green, Gore would not have had to worry about contesting the election. We wouldn't have to worry about living in "fictitious times." We wouldn't have a shitty economy and an invasion which threatens to turn into World War III. That's not much to be proud of.
One speech stating the obvious isn't going to make up for such a lousy choice. The same can be said for Phil Donahue and his canceled show as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Featured Post
Crater Lake National Park Photos 1
Here are a few pictures I took at Crater Lake National Park in southern Oregon today, including a couple of them from the historic lodge:
-
Golden Tempo has won the 152nd Kentucky Derby. Jose Ortiz is the jockey. It is his first Derby win. This race is historic, for the fir...
-
Napoleon Solo has won the 151st Preakness Stakes at Laurel Park. Iron Honor tried to make a bid at the homestretch, he couldn't quite c...
-
Another victory for Golden Tempo as he has won this year's Belmont Stakes at Saratoga. Cherie Devaux has won a second leg of the Tripl...
No comments:
Post a Comment