Well,

the Britt Festival concert featuring Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band is still on for Tuesday. So, it looks as if I may head out of here tomorrow back to Oregon and my brother's claustrophobic mobile home.

That's a lot of wear and tear on the car, and on me. I had no ambition whatsoever to even box a damned thing. I put in a resume for a staff trainer position, so I'll see how that turns out. I am terrified of moving, terrified of having to get the rest of this shit packed.

But I'm not going to do a damned thing until I come back here next weekend. The reason I am returning is besides having to pack this shit is that the Reno Balloon Races are on. I usually attend them every year, and this might be my last.

What happens after that is anybody's guess. The landlord is resigned to me moving, and I have known him for almost 20 years. It's pretty rough on him, too. Which reminds me of another reason I am not spending a month up there like I did the last time: he killed three of my plants by overwatering them. I can't afford to have any more botanicide committed in my absence.

No comments:

Featured Post

Obituary: Kris Kristofferson

 Singer, songwriter, and sometime actor Kris Kristofferson, 88, passed away yesterday at his home in Hawaii.  Unreal he was that old.  I rem...