It's Just Terrible East of the Rockies

with temperatures soaring well into the three-digits and power outages to boot.

People don't realize how dependent they are on power until something like this happens.

It gets hot back there even when the temperature is in the eighties thanks to the high humidity. It "sucks" to live in an area affected by the Gulf of Mexico.

That's the biggest reason I never wanted to live back East. I will gladly put up with the remote prospect of earthquakes and volcanoes in exchange for that shit.

The East has a lot going in its favor, mainly in the areas of culture and history, though there is a lot of beauty there, too. But I was born out West and I will die here.

Perhaps not in Oregon with all of these allergies and crap, but out West just the same.



No comments:

Featured Post

Obituary: Kris Kristofferson

 Singer, songwriter, and sometime actor Kris Kristofferson, 88, passed away yesterday at his home in Hawaii.  Unreal he was that old.  I rem...