The Day After Christmas Reads and Comments

 I have had some internet issues the past couple of days, but even if there hadn't been, there isn't a whole lot that is worth talking about or noting here.

I know I have slacked off significantly in the past six or seven years on this blog, not because I am bored with it, but because I have mostly studiously avoided political stuff for fear of messing my health up.  Trump's election in 2016 via Electoral College was pretty upsetting to me, and I decided I didn't want to ruin my mental health by obsessing over it.  I have a lot fewer "substantial" posts here as a result except for the occasional obituary of a prominent person.

I also have had a sinus infection that lasted a few days, and it started the day winter break began.  Last Friday I went in and got my double shots for COVID and RSV.  I did have side effects, but they didn't last beyond a day, which was a pleasant surprise.     

It has felt really weird around here because this is the first Christmas ever at my town where I grew up and returned in my mid-fifties where NONE of the rest of the family except for my brother that I live with is here.  It is really odd because it has never happened in the history of this family (in the over 75 years this family as lived in the Rogue Valley)  where only two people are here and everybody else is scattered all over the western United States.  I don't like it, but there is nothing I can do about it.  I have a lot to keep me busy, and I did talk with relatives on the phone, but still, it is weird.

_______________


Anyway, there were a number of cold cases that were solved in 2023, thanks to DNA and especially genetic genealogy, which I like to post the solved cases as they happen.  Here are a few to note and some no doubt I missed mentioning.

___________________



No comments:

Featured Post

Kentucky Derby 2024 Results

 A PHOTO FINISH!!!!! Mystik Dan and Sierra Leone were there for the photo finish.  To be decided. Update:  Mystik Dan has won the 150th Run ...