Kentucky Derby 2024 Results

 A PHOTO FINISH!!!!!

Mystik Dan and Sierra Leone were there for the photo finish.  To be decided.




Update:  Mystik Dan has won the 150th Run for the Roses.  He was 18-1.  Details to follow.

It was literally a bob of the head that made the difference.

Forever Young finished third.  The time was 2:03.3.

The margin was the closest since Grindstone won years ago.  I would argue it was closer.  It was the closest thing to a dead heat I have seen in this race.

Here is a photo of the finish:



Blood Horse report


THE race, courtesy of NBC Sports:





Earlier:  Today's race marks my 63rd viewing of the Derby.  I have watched every single one of these races live, with the exception of 1974, which was a delayed broadcast locally in Medford, Oregon, with my first winner being Carry Back in 1961, when I was six years old.

I am pushing 70, which I can't believe.

A live stream can be found via here, although I don't believe the actual race will be here given how NBC/Universal are about that sort of thing.  However, this is the official KD YouTube channel, so anything is possible.  It provides a link to a "free" livestream.




___________________________


Fierceness if the favorite for this year's race.

__________________


___________

No comments:

Featured Post

Kentucky Derby 2024 Results

 A PHOTO FINISH!!!!! Mystik Dan and Sierra Leone were there for the photo finish.  To be decided. Update:  Mystik Dan has won the 150th Run ...